Pacquiao vs Mayweather | Pacquiao vs Mayweather News | Pacquiao vs Mayweather Updates | Pacquiao Mayweather 24/7 Episodes | Pacquiao vs Mayweather Online Live Streaming

Pacquiao And Mayweather Last Fight Highlights

Pacquiao vs Cotto
Mayweather vs Marquez

Pacquiao vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Pacquiao vs Mosley News and Updates, Online Live Streaming and Coverage, Pacquiao Mosley 24/7 by HBO

Fighter's Record

Manny Pacquiao Profiles, Statistics and Records
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Profiles, Statistics and Records

Monday, December 21, 2009

Fernando Vargas on Comeback & Pacquiao-Mayweather

By Brent Matteo Alderson

In a recent interview with FightFanNation.com’s Brent Matteo Alderson, Fernando Vargas talked about his meager beginnings and commented how the sport changed his life, “I’ve been boxing since I was ten years old. You know I was in trouble. I was locked up in juvenile hall. I was going no-where quickly, running away from home, sleeping in alleys. I would have been one of those guys lock up in jail for life. I know god came in and saved me. One day when I was home suspended from school for fighting and found out that kids were fighting at my age. I said ‘what the fuck is this,’ I found out where the gym was, the Colonia boxing gym, and I walked there the next day from my house and that was a hour walk. And that’s where I used to go every day until I met Garcia and he saw that I would walk an hour back and forth and he said, ‘Where do you live,’ and I said by Channel Islands High-school, and he said, ‘you walk here every day,’ and I told him every day. He started giving me rides and I knew one day I would be at where I am.”
Fernando also talked about the comeback rumors that have been swirling around the internet the past couple of months, “Who says I’m coming back? You guys are going to have to wait and find out, I don’t know? I’m happy, but, when you’re just thirty and I just turned thirty one, it’s like I’m young. I’m going to start working out, start running and see what happens. It would probably be at Middle, Super-Middle, Middle, if the rumors are true.”
The Ferocious one also talked about the Mayweather-Pacquiao match and even though it’s evident that he holds Pacquiao in very high regard, he’s backing his 1996 Olympic team-mate in the clash, “I like Mayweather in that fight. And why? Because he’s a lot bigger, he’s a much more intelligent fighter. Pacquiao is definitely pound for pound the best, but I still pick Floyd to win this fight. I called the Pacquiao-Cotto fight to a tee, I said he wasn’t going to knock him [Cotto] out, but stop him in the late rounds. Why? Because Miguel Cotto had been down with lesser fighters.”

To see the interview in its entirety, click "http://www.directorslive.com/video/2569/Fernando-Vargas-on-Comeback--Pacquiao-Mayweather"

Source: fightfannation.com

No comments: